Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Since I am already on the topic of Twylah, I want to respond to this:

Okay, listen up, everybody, so you can plan ahead.

By the power vested in me by me, I am declaring May to be Irony Free Month in Lutheran Blogland. No posts or links with overt reliance on ironic tone. Also, no gratuitous sarcasm. Say what you mean, mean what you say.

And ignorance of the law is no defense


I know Twylah is trying to be serious and trying to do good thing for the Lutheran blogsphere in general. Being, however, that I am one of the longer-running bloggers here (only Josh and Chris Jones have blogged longer than I have (LCMS wise)), I don't think she has anywhere near the weight needed to try to pull something like this off. I may or may not keep to it. I don't know. It just depends on what happens in May. If I get some news that requires sarcasm or irony, I'll use it. If I think the story makes a mess of itself without any comment, I do that as well. I even produce a decent piece of satire now and then (I like the John Kerry "Dick and Jane" short story below). Besides, my birthday is in May and I'm going to roll out the satire express then.

No comments: