Saturday, March 20, 2004

I would like to say that things are going nice and that my sister is home and doing well, but I can't. Those who have any business knowing what is going on either has been or will be informed. The rest of you will just have to take my word on it. It sucks. I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, my diet has gone from some junk food to all junk food, and (perhaps this isn't so bad) I have spent much of the day praying and just struggling to get by. It was good to see my sister today. In some ways, I am relieved. In others, however, I am disturbed.

I somehow was suckered into a debate over the rationality of Christianity. I knew I had won when Calvinists were trying to convince me that the Trinity is, in fact, rational. Of course, there come the same, tired analogies trying to explain that which is mysterious and incomprehensible to our human minds. In this time, it is that mystery which I cling to harder than anything because, through those mysteries, I find God. God hides himself so we can find him.

No comments: