Friday, March 26, 2004

Blackadder fans, rejoice! The scripts are on the internet! It includes my favorite episode in the series, Series Two, Episode Five, Beer. For those who need their memory jogged, it's the episode where Blackadder ends up hosting his Puritan relatives (who abhor drinking) but have big wallets and a drinking party to settle a dare on whether he can hold his alcohol on the same night.

Percy: I must say, Edmund, it was jolly nice of you to ask me to share your breakfast before the rigors of the day begin.

Edmund: Well, it is said, Percy, that civilized man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that, through learned discourse, he may rise above the savage and closer to God.

Percy: Yes, I've heard that.

Edmund: Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best.

...

Baldrick: But, My Lord, I've been in your family since 1532!

Edmund: So has syphilis; now get out.


Classic.

No comments: