Saturday, January 24, 2004

I am going through, finding some of the internet material out there describing Lutheranism, its history, and belief structure. As news is slow, I think this isn't a bad idea. After analyzing my output, I've spent a lot of time trying to describe what Lutheranism isn't rather than actually try to relay what Lutheranism is and its relationship to everyone else. Thus, I present a few articles for your thoughts and discussion.

Lutheran-Orthodox Dialogue in the Sixteenth Century. This site is maintained by the Rev. David Jay Weber. It lists various articles describing the initial contact between Constantinople and Wittenburg. This dialogue that occurred in the latter sixteenth century is the basis for all discussions between Lutherans and Eastern Orthodoxy since.

Ubi Christus, ibi ecclesia. Herman Saase, a man who I hope to read more of when I get the opportunity. Until then, this little gem is an excellent introduction to his writing.

All Theology is Christology. One of the best theologians in the Lutheran Church describes Christology and why it is so important.

On Being a Theologian of the Cross. A great article that just begins to touch base on what being a theologian of the cross means. Read his book and you will find even more depth.

If this doesn't work, my next post will be on why light beer is evil.

No comments: