Tuesday, May 25, 2004

As you can see, I changed the title of my blog slightly. In all reality, the title "young" doesn't really apply to me anymore. I may be young in comparison to the average age within the Synod, but I do not consider myself young anymore. I'm not in my teens but my late 20s and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.

My attendance at the University Lutheran Center would have probably ended by now whether or not problems had existed. For about the last year I went, I had one common thing running in the back of my mind: I'm getting too old for this. I kept showing up to regional and national gatherings and I was becoming too much of a fixture within that group. I kept questioning what I was doing there. I did not really have any reason to go except my friends and the food. In all honesty, I was looking for any excuse to eject myself from there and Ron gave me the perfect reason. When I started to dread Sunday Evenings, I knew that my time there was closing. It was the same sort of thoughts I had before I left my old congregation and joined my current congregation. Actually, right after that incident happened, I knew my time at the ULC was short. As much as some might try to encourage me to return to the ULC, I can't. Not now. Not ever. I'm older now.

No comments: