Friday, December 31, 2004

This is what happens when Lutherans do not take the Doctrine of Vocation seriously. Some of you may remember the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. Ace Ventura, at times during the movie, would begin taking out of his ass, for a lack of a better way to say it. This is another example of someone talking out of his ass. Yes, I'm actually being charitable to Rev. Dr Ishmael Noko because the only other explanation for his comments is that he is an idiot. I have given a lot of thought about this. The last major earthquake in this area was about 300 years ago, if I remember correctly (don't quote me on that). I'm still trying to draw the line between Global Warming and Plate Tectonics. Oh yes. I know now. We're waiting for Yellowstone to blow and send us back into the ice age. His statement is so ambiguous that I have to wonder if he actually believes that global warming caused this. This is why theologians should keep their mouths shut when talking about stuff they have no training in. Actually, considering I have read some of the stuff Rev. Dr Ishmael Noko has written theology wise, maybe he shouldn't speak at all.

Thanks to Midwest Conservative Journal for the story.

No comments: