Thursday, December 09, 2004

Elle has given her thoughts on Christmas. Here's mine.

I enjoy Christmas, but I don't take the secularization of the holiday all that seriously. For instance, I find that, rather than complaining about Christmas and all the crap it entails, it is much healthier to just make fun of what the holiday has become. A quick look at my Christmas music collection should make that clear. I am the proud owner of CDs with name like Twisted Christmas, More Twisted Christmas, Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire, The Greatest Christmas Novelty CD of All Time, Holidays in Dementia... You get the point. My current favorite Christmas song is I'm Dressing Up Like Santa Claus (When I Get Out on Parole). Anyone who has ever received a Christmas card from me knows how seriously I take Christmas. Anyone who has received any type of card from me knows how serious I take just about anything.

The Restroom door said "Gentlemen"
So I just walked inside
I took two steps and realized I'd been taken for a ride
I heard high voices scream and found the place was occupied
By two nuns, three old ladies and a nurse
What could be worse
Than two nuns, three old ladies and a nurse


How could anybody not like that?

No comments: