Sunday, July 18, 2004

As I lie down in bed last night, I pondered the serious question of what would the blog of a mature layman of a congregation of the LCMS look like. I took my age into consideration, factored in a Monty Python and Blackadder quotient, integrated it all together and I basically came up with this: I need to be a little more serious and a lot less sarcastic. If anyone thinks that in trying to become more mature I can just rip out my extremely dry sense of humour is kind of like asking an elephant to become a mouse. It just doesn't work. I am silly. Get over it. What I can and will is improve my tone while writing and put a little more thought into things. I am reactionary in nature, and I know I can get downright mean and sarcastic. Be patient. I'm trying.
 
Three Walls Preventing Reform: What's preventing genuine reform toward orthodox Lutheranism in the LCMS? Getting back to real Lutheran missions and parish life...  

An Essay on the Reform of our Own Estate (Despite the Three Walls): A diagnosis and a bold alternative to institutional politics for confessional pastors and congregations...
 
Confessional Lutheran Ministerium (CLM): A brotherly association of orthodox pastors for theological study, confessional practice, support, missions and more, but not a new synod

Finally, because I am a little silly, I would like to leave you with this quote. 
 
... because I want to be young and wild, and then I want to be middle-aged and rich, and then I want to be old and annoy people by pretending that I'm deaf.

You have to love Blackadder.

No comments: