Thursday, June 03, 2004

Ray Bradbury thinks Michael Moore is a "horrible human being." He apparently doesn't like the fact Moore ripped the title of his movie from the title of one of Mr. Bardbury's classic books, Fahrenheit 451. (Warning: Ray has a few stronger things to say besides "horrible human.")

After that, I think we need a few more Blackadder quotes:

Messenger: My Lord, news: the Swiss have invaded France.
King: Excellent! (to one of the men standing) Wessex, while they're away, take ten thousand troops and pillage Geneva.
Chiswick: But the Swiss are our allies, My Lord.
King: Oh yes... Well, er, get them to dress up as Germans, will you?

King: Chiswick, remind me to send flowers to the King of France in sympathy for the death of his son.
Chiswick: The one you had murdered, My Lord...
King: Yes, that's the fellow.

Edmund: Fingers crossed...
King: Members of the Court and, uh, Clergy: I have, at last -- after careful consultation with the Lord God; His Son, Jesus Christ; and His Insubstantial Friend, the Holy Ghost -- decided upon the next Archbishop. (there is a murmuring among those gathered) May he last longer in his post than his predecessors.
Edmund: (to his friends) Fat chance!
King: I appoint, to the Holy See of Canterbury, my own son... (Baldrick and Percy are very excited; Edmund points a bit toward Harry)
King: ...Edwin, Duke of Edinburgh!

Edmund: Ah. Well, let's start with the pardons, shall we?
Baldrick: Right. Well, this is a fair selection. Basically, you seem to get what you pay for. They run all the way from this one, which is a pardon for talking with your mouth full, signed by an apprentice curate in Tukesbury.
Edmund: Ah. How much is that?
Baldrick: Two pebbles. ...all the way up to this one, which is a pardon for (reads) anything whatsoever, including murder, adultery, or dismemberment of (Edmund reads along) a friend or relative.

Blackadder : If you can't make money, you'll have to marry it.
Prince George : Marry? Never! I'm a gay bachelor, Blackadder, I'm a roarer, a rogerer, a gorger and a puker! I can't marry, I'm young, I'm firm buttocked, I'm...
Blackadder : Broke?
Prince George : Well, yes, I suppose so.
Blackadder : And don't forget sir, that the modern church smiles on roaring and gorging within wedlock, and indeed rogering is keenly encouraged.
Prince George : And the puking?
Blackadder : Mm. I believe still very much down to the conscience of the individual church-goer.

No comments: