Saturday, June 26, 2004

For those of you who have bothered to read my profile and have actually bothered to look under my interests, you will have seen I have potificated on just about all of them except one: amateur radio. Unless you had read my profile, you would have been clueless that I am an amateur radio operator. In case any hams are reading this, I love six meters and my callsign is Kahlua Beer Zero Vodka Tequila Whiskey. I don't talk much about amateur radio because, honestly, it hasn't held the place in my life it once did. I once lived and breathed amateur radio. It was one of my favorite things to do. I'd fire up my handheld radio and see whomever was on the repeaters at the time. My interest in six meters came later on when my dad bought a six-meter all-mode radio (I don't remember what type of radio it was). I personally own a ICOM IC-T8A tribander. If I can ever get my 5 wpm code, I would probably fly through the general and extra class tests. Yes, I am a no-code tech and I was licensed in 1996. I've put off learning code for quite a while now.

I thought I was going to be in Aliceville, Kansas. Why in the world would I be going to Aliceville, KS? My uncle is the pastor of . I am going there for two reasons. First, to celebrate with my cousin and his wife the baptism of their baby daughter. Secondly, I am going to celebrate the retirement of my uncle. It is earlier than it would normally be, but his health hasn't been the greatest and, because of that, he has decided to retire early. May God be gracious to him and grant him peace with this decision.

No comments: