Wednesday, July 16, 2003

I love poker.

I don't know if any of you have seen the TV show on the Travel channel called "World Poker Tour", but it is some of the best TV I have seen in quite a while. Talk about your reality TV. Thousands upon thousads of dollars are bet in single outings and the drama of how someone will play and whether the cards will come up in their favor is amazing. Not only that, people will bet everything they have to try to "double up". The risk/reward factor is extremely high. Not only that, the tour goes to places where you would just love to play poker, like a cruise ship or Aruba. Everytime I watch the show, I want to get a deck out and start playing just to show my friends that I could cream them from what I have learned. No limit Texas Hold 'em, the greatest card game in the world.

No comments: