Tuesday, May 17, 2005

If you haven't checked out the results of the poll, you might take a look. The distribution of votes is quite fascinating. It looks like a bell curve, except inversed. I find it fascinating how many people have decided it is either a good idea or bad idea period. It also fascinated me as to how many of you voted as quickly as you did. Most of you had your minds made up extremely quickly as to what you believe. I find it fascinating, especially in light of the fact I have given a lot of thought about it and I have yet to actually decide what to think about it. Everytime I think I have it figured out, I think of some other wrinkle that throws it back to square one. I do know this: no matter what, mediation is needed to deal with these issues. The problem is finding someone who both sides would trust to mediate. Yes, the blood has become that bad. If it wasn't, this lawsuit wouldn't even have been considered. My honest dilemma is whether this is beyond mediation, or if some type of outside arbitration is needed. Whether the arbitration is the courts or some other non-partisan authority is another question to be pondered. I do know this: if anyone thinks Matthew 18 is even remotely possible at this point, I've read of too many people try to contact SP Kieshnick too many times and get stonewalled in the process. Miracles are possible, but past performance tends to say we could try, but it's just not going to happen. In a way, I can understand the lawsuit as a last-ditch attempt to wake him up. Then again, are we at the point where last-ditch efforts are needed?

In the end, I always end up shrugging my shoulders and saying, "I don't know." To so many of you, it probably does seem obvious. Of course, none of you have probably read through every shred of material I can get my hands on since the beginning of this whole mess. I read Jesus First/Daystar(NI!) and Concord and Consensus and on and on and on. I'll admit, the reason why I have trouble with deciding is I know too much. You pile so much information into one brain, and you find yourself processing so much information you don't know what to make of it. If any of you are as well read about the whole mess (I'd use another term, but this is a clean blog now), I'll listen to you. If not, I'll find some sort of reason to doubt your argument.

No comments: