Wednesday, February 23, 2005

If you haven't left a comment saying you want to be on my blogroll, do it by tomorrow evening because I have time to update then. I know there are a few of you out there who have posted comments in the past but I have not linked to your blog yet.

Fun is a doctor's appointment. I know many of you have been through my saga about the chest pains and the exercise program and weight loss that followed. Today had a different purpose. You see, I've been sunburnt badly twice, and I have many moles. There was one particular mole that started growing, changed color (or colour for John H.), and felt differently from my other moles. When the word melanoma keeps dancing through your head, you tend to take action. Anyway, my doctor doesn't think the mole is cancerous (melanoma or otherwise), but, since it was growing and changing, he went ahead and took it off. Did you know doctors have special scissors to do just that? Did you know that, if the area removed is small enough, that the doctors just electrocute the area to stop the bleeding? All in all, it was a fun day. I get to know if the mole was anything to worry about in a week.

No comments: