Monday, August 30, 2004

I don't normally post at work, but I must say this. I do love classical music and I would rather listen to classical music than, say, most of what pretends to be music on the radio. Having said that, there are a couple of pieces that should have never been composed and a few composers that should have been shot on sight. Pacabel is one of those composers. His Canon in C is one of the most overused pieces of schlock that has ever infested the classical world. Since Wagner and Mendelssohn are taboo in most churches, I now get to listen to Canon in C played every time I go to a wedding. It is the new wedding march and it even isn't a bloody march! It's overused, abused, and needs to be put out of its misery like a horse with a broken leg. Send it to the glue factory. Give it the needle. Burn whatever copies you may have! Don't let it spread!

No comments: