Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The response to my idea of an online journal was underwhelming, so I'll let someone else eventually come up with the idea. I think I would write for it, but running something like that is just too much. Besides, the Lutheran Carnival is plenty for now.

Speaking of the Lutheran Carnival, posts are due Friday at 7 pm CDT. I am giving serious thought to making the posts due 0000 UTC Saturday so the time doesn't change on a worldwide basis. Of course, when we fall back, the time would change, but that's because UTC doesn't change.

Now that that's confused you, I must make note that at least one of the Lutheran reality TV junkies replied to my post with numbers. I would reply he should crunch the numbers between, say, January and May of last year and see how it turns out. The reason why I bring this up is because I could have been a major stooge for 24 last year, but I wasn't. I made a few posts reminding people that it was coming, but that was about it. Oh, and now I am part of an organization called Blogs for Bauer (proudly, I might add. I fully endorse them. Yes, that endorsement on the right sidebar is mine). I could have posted all 24, all the time, but I didn't because a) that's not what most of you want to hear about and b) complaints from a certain Englishman not to be named who was saying I was ruining plot lines for him during Season 4.

I endorse International Talk Like Jack Bauer Day.

The point is, I could turn this thing into Random Thoughts of 24 (with the occasional thigh shooting), but I don't. 24 is something I like, but it doesn't domineer my blog for the five months it's on. I could start my own separate blog if I wanted to do that. Maybe I should.

Anyway, enough complaining. I've decided the first non-Lutheran blog to become Blog of the Week (or longer) is Blogs for Bauer, because they alerted me to the 24 trailer. How many men does it take to stop Jack Bauer? I don't know, but it's more than a Chinese freighter has, I know that.

No comments: