Saturday, February 04, 2006

How was my day at work? I'm glad you asked. I was in my office with a box of chai tea which I bought because it is heavily spiced. The way you make chai is to make the tea and then add milk to it. You end up with 3/4ths tea and 1/4 milk. I didn't have any milk, so I went and bought some. 2%. Yummy. The first cup was quite good. The milk brings a nice balance to the spice and makes the spices much more subtle. If you like balanced flavors, go for it. It was so good, I had to have a second cup. I had the second cup, and suddenly my stomach wasn't quite as happy. It felt a little weird, but I ate lunch and didn't feel any ill effects. After a couple of hours, I decided to make a third cup of chai, and that's when it hit me. My stomach decided it didn't like me any more, and I was in pain before I finished the tea. Thirty minutes after that, I was on my way to the throne to take my seat as king of the office. I normally don't eat much dairy anyway. I have some skim milk and a bowl of cereal for breakfast and the occasional glass of milk. I eat a lot of cheese, and I do like ice cream, but that's an occasional thing. I just think I can't process milk the way I used to. I used to drink 2-3 glasses a day easy. Not any more apparently. I will survive and figure out what I can and can't have. Kind of like alcohol, I'll get to know my limits.

No comments: