Thursday, January 06, 2005

At Borders, I found a classical music guide sitting in the discount book section for only $6.95. Seeing an 1100 + page book that inexpensive is rare and, considering I didn't have a guide like this, I bought it. I am enjoying this book thoroughly, as it gives various reviews of classical albums. I now have some wonderful ideas of what CD's to buy to bulk up my Bach and Handel collections. I am also discovering some not-so-well known composers who I might find enjoyable. While no where near comprehensive (it would take hundreds of volumes this thick to cover the massive discography of classical music), it should give me a good starting point for some pieces that I wish to buy, but because I do not know which versions are good, I am afraid to. Amazon.com, here I come.

No comments: