Monday, May 19, 2003

I actually did it. Yesterday, I broke all ties with my church via a letter sitting on the secretaries desk. I emphasised my point by just leaving after the bell choir played rather than hanging around and partaking communion. The Vicar was, once again, consecrating the elements aginst the wishes, I have found out, of both seminaries and Augsberg Confession Article XIV. The joys of leaving the church. Surprisingly, this is one of the few descisions I have made with this much confidence in my life. I am almost overjoyed to be relieved of the burden I was under at that church (which shall continue to remain nameless, I think). I will miss some of my friends, but at least I know where I am going now.

My last, yet unofficial duty is tomorow. Before I completely disapear, I shall polish the handbells and go celebrate another wonderful season of playing. As you might expext, I am stepping down from directing the bell choir. At least they will not be in complete disarray when I leave.

No comments: