Tuesday, August 01, 2006

As wedding bells get slowly but surely closer, I thought about my past two churches and what happened. I realized that the past two churches I was a member of had problems meeting my admittedly low expectations. What kind of expectations should we have of our pastors? I don't know about you, but I expect two simple things. First, the pastor must divide the Word of God rightly. Second, he must administer the sacraments rightly. In my first Church, they had problems with both, and in my second church, they had problems with the latter. That wasn't so much the female elder as the open communion.

By the way, I got a thing in the mail today from my old church. They are inviting me to a dinner. Thanks, but no thanks.

Anyway, I need to go to bed. I haven't gotten any sleep the last couple of nights because the A/C in the house went caplut.

No comments: