Tuesday, May 02, 2006

First, I have neglected my duty as host of the next Lutheran Carnival to remind everyone to send in your submissions ASAP to lutherancarnival AT gmail DOT com using the submissions guidelines. All posts are due by midnight CDT (0500 UTC Saturday). Why midnight? I have no plans to work on it Friday night because I'm turning 30 and I'm going to be drinking. If you want to come, meet me a Buffalo Wild Wings.

Secondly, John H. writes about the lack of a high quality daily office in Lutheranism. It's not because one doesn't exist. It does, but most people don't know about it. There is a downside to this book: it's all Gregorian chant and Jacobean English. There is an upside too: it's all Gregorian chant and Jacobean English. And really, for what you get, the price isn't too bad. Anyway, there are Lutheran alternatives out there. Just don't expect Fortress Press, CPH, or NPH to be stumbling over themselves to produce something of this quality. I still haven't bought it, but I am seriously considering it since Elle and I are getting married. It would be nice to have the Office in such a great resource.

Finally, pictures of men with children drive women crazy.

No comments: