Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I admit that what I had to do while trying to sort things out wasn't the best solution. You might almost think of it as being in a state of confession against a congregation. Not the best solution, but the best I could do while trying to change the situation.

I am sure some of you were either disappointed that I have moved on. I haven't abandoned Lutheranism. I still will defend the Biblical truths proclaimed by the confessions of the Evangelical Lutheran Church. WELS is the best place for me to do it now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. There are no ELS churches in the area (the nearest is in Carthage, Missouri, a four to five hour drive away and home to Precious Moments). I honestly admit the transition from one synod to another might be easier, buy I am slowly becoming more comfortable with the WELS. I can at least go from one WELS church to another and know what to expect. There isn't much diversity, which I appreciate. The LCMS is becoming too diverse. If you want to know what happens to a diverse church, look at the ECUSA. They're diversifying themselves out of existence.

Anyway, the lawsuit nobody wants to mention has been settled. I agree with the author of the piece, in general. I did not like the lawsuit, but it seems to have accomplished what it set out to do. The goals of the suit were good, but the suit itself wasn't. The fact there was a lawsuit filed, in a strange way, shows what a poor leader Kiechnick is. If you want to elect another moderate, fine. At least elect someone who can lead. The analogies comparing Kiechnick and outgoing ECUSA Presiding Bishop (must stop laughing) Frank Griswald are numerous. They are both politicians rather than leaders, and they both used less than honest methods to get their way.

No comments: