Monday, September 06, 2004

How did I celebrate Labor Day? I'm glad you asked. My bedroom looked like someone took a bunch of paper and put a fan behind it. There was paper everywhere, and I had books lying all over the floor. My bedroom looked like a recycling plant gone mad. So, I chose today to try to tame the mess and bring some order into a room where order was lacking. I spent about six hours in my room and it's about halfway done. I figure another four to six hours and I'll have my bedroom back. I drug out three good sized trashbags worth of paper. I filled my fourth about a quarter of the way. This is what happens when you collect eight years worth of geology, religion, and politics papers. You end up throwing much of it away and you only keep the stuff you absolutely need. My room does look better, however. Not clean, just better.

I haven't felt well the past few weeks. I don't know what it is, but I have been eating more fruits and vegetables and that seems to help some. I hope my new insurance card comes soon because I am overdue for a measles and the infamous tetanus shot. The last time I had a tetanus shot, it was right before going river rafting. If I can suggest one thing to everybody, don't get a tetanus shot before doing anything strenuous.

I was pulled over tonight. My break lights are out. A fuse must have gone out because all my taillights shouldn't be all out all at once. I'm waiting for my car to die so I have an excuse to go out and buy a newer car that I can run into the ground.

That's my Labor Day. I hope you enjoyed yours more than I enjoyed mine.

No comments: